August 12, 2012

BFF Road Trip & Shopping

On Friday morning, Kristen picked me up and we headed up North to IKEA!

Kristen spent $301 and I spent $6.28.  All I got was 2 frying pans.  Kristen bought the whole store!  haha...just kidding.  We both just got the new catalog and Kristen found a ton of new stuff that she wanted.  My 2 frying pans are in the big container store on the left.  Everything else is Kristen's purchases.  haha


I saw these little succulent plants and cacti.  They were so cute!

I saw this book with the plants.  I thought it was cute.

I really liked this book.  Had lots of cute ideas in it.

I thought these Owl dishes were hideous.  I think Kristen liked them.  There was a lot of bird stuff if you're into 'put a bird on it' kinda things.  LOL

Kristen fell in love with this measuring tea towel.  She has a bit of a tea towel obsession.

These two books were pretty awesome as well.

The cooking tools come in adorable little bags.

Oh Kristen fell in love with this pot holder glove/mitten.  I love these best because you know it won't slip out of your hand b/c you're wearing it.  :)

This pillow on the left was cute.  I don't know where I'd use it but it was unique.

 Next up......The container Store.  I had a small list of things to get at this store.  I found everything I wanted and spent about $35.  Kristen picked up a few things as well.  She did not have a list b/c she'd focused so much on IKEA.  LOL  :)

I wanted to eat lunch at Panda Express.  It's one of those places we'd both never eaten at and I've been wanting to try it.  Kristen said she was game for Chinese so off we went.  The GPS took us to one that wasn't that far from where we were.


It's kinda like Chipotle.  There's a line and you go along and pick what you want.

Kristen and I both fell in love with the orange chicken and fried rice.  Soooooo yummy.

I ordered some chicken potstickers to try.  There was some confusion between cooks and it took a while to get them so server felt bad and gave us some cream cheese rangoon while the potstickers were cooking.  I was game to try.  Never had either before so it was time to try something new.  :)  I found both appetizers to be good.  Kristen didn't really like the filling in the potstickers.  I liked it but the after taste was gross so I ate it with the rest of my lunch plate and then it was fine.  :)

We decided to call it a day and head home while knowing we'd be sitting in DC traffic.  Ah well.  LOL  Then I thought I'd seen my friend Jessica's car and texted her and told her we were near and she invited us over.  She has a very nice house.  Jessica gave us the tour and then we sat and chatted with her for a little bit.  I also made up some rumors about JSimpson getting a DUI.  Stupid scroll on the bottom of the news by the time I saw it left off that it was JSimpson's dad and not JSimpson.  Oops....my bad.  LOL  :)

 Here's my loot from both stores.  :)

2 frying pans
3 sugar containers
water bottle with straw for Nate
spice turn table
polaroid picture frame

No comments:

Post a Comment