August 20, 2012

Weekend fun


This past, Saturday, Nate and I went down to his parents for dinner.  Nate's mom, Linda, made a homemade Lasagna.  We also had a yummy salad and breadsticks.  It was so good.  Linda, invited over Chuck and Davette (neighbors) and they joined us for dinner and we enjoyed each other's company.  After dinner us women sat on the deck and chatted while watching the hummingbirds.  There must be 20 to 30.  It's so awesome to see.  They come really close to you and the chirps they make are just too cute.  After a while we didn't want to be eaten by mosquitoes so we came inside and played 6 rounds of scattegories.   Then had a dessert that Linda made.  It was a vanilla cake with pineapple and cool whip.  So yummy!  :)

On Sunday, my friend, Melissa came over and she gave me a awesome birthday gift.   


A while back, I'd broken my cake plate/punch bowl duo.  She must have known b/c she'd got me one.  It's really cute with the colored glass on the sides.  :)  Melissa also took me to lunch to Mimi's Cafe.  We chatted and caught up at lunch and then chatted some more back at the house, probably annoying Nate.  LOL  :)  Thanks so much for the fun day Melissa!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment