May 22, 2012

Oven Chicken Risotto

For dinner last night I was inspired by this recipe I found on Pinterest.



Ingredients:

4 tablespoons unsalted butter

minced garlic

1 small can of chicken broth  (reduced sodium)

1 cup water

2 cups Arborio rice (short-grain)

1/2 small onion

salt

pepper

2 chicken breasts (cooked and cut up)

shredded mozzarella cheese (I also mixed in some Italian blend cheese)

Cherry tomatoes (halved)

parsley flakes


Preheat oven at 400 degrees.  Place butter and minced garlic into your oven safe dish.  (I used my pampered chef baker)  Add chicken broth and water and the arborio rice.  Stir well.  Bake 5 minutes with the lid off.

Carefully take out of oven and stir in onion, salt, and pepper and parsley.  Put lid on the dish and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.  Remove from oven.  Remove lid and fluff the rice with a fork.  Stir in chicken, cheese and tomatoes.  Add more pepper and salt to taste.  Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment