May 15, 2012

Quesadilla Burgers


I got inspired to make burgers a little different for dinner last night.  I saw Skinny Buffalo Burger Quesadillas and thought they looked easy and delicious.



You will need:

Meat (I wanted to get Buffalo meat like the blogger but it was $8 for a tiny package and instead I got a package of fresh hamburger patties for $4.80.  It was 80% lean and 20% fat).
Shredded Cheese (I used mild white cheddar)
Tortillas (I found small ones at my store that were the perfect size)
Pico de gallo (I used premade)
Bacon bits (I used real bacon bits....and of course this is optional)


First off, I cooked my patties till they were cooked all the way through.  (a few minutes on each side)  I cooked them like I normally do.  (W sauce, water, pepper, red pepper flakes, parsley flakes, onion powder, garlic powder, and a little Montreal steak seasoning).



Spray your pan with cooking spray.  Place a tortilla shell in the pan.  Sprinkle some cheese, bacon bits, and pico de gallo and a little more cheese.  Once it's melted together it holds pretty well.  I then cooked the other side the same way and once it was about done I added the cooked burger patty, put the top on and then it was done.  (I found this easier than adding the burger, piling on toppings then and trying to flip without any of the cheese and pico de gallo falling out).   <----hope I'm making sense.  :)



They turned out awesome!!  I loved the cheese and pico de gallo with the burger.  And tortilla shells are so much more better than a plain old hamburger bun.  Nate loved these a lot.  I know I'll be making these again.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment