May 24, 2012

Garden Progress- Day 33

Today I managed to visit another Lowe's in my town to get some bigger pots for my pepper plants.  I was going to get 12 inch pots but thought about maybe just getting one big 20 inch pot and planting both the red and green bell peppers in there.  I asked a Lowe's employee if he thought that would work and he went off and asked another employee.  Then he came back to me and said "No, that won't work b/c they need their individual pot".  I said "okay, thanks" and then went back to the pot shelves to get 12 inch pots.  Then I saw 16 inch pots.  They didn't have the terra cotta color I wanted so I got a red pot for the red bell pepper and a green pot for the green bell pepper.  :)  

As soon as I got home, I repotted them in their new pots with some fresh soil as well.


Here is the green bell all tucked in.

Here's the red bell nice and cozy.  :)  Look at the little white flower.

How awesome.  :)  Read about the flowering here.


Here's my tomato plant.  :)  More yellow flowers are popping up all over.  And the plant smells like fresh tomatoes already.  What's that I see?

Awww....a cute little lady bug.  :)  She's protecting my tomato plant from those pesky bad bugs.  :)  I hope I don't drown her while watering the plants.  LOL

Here's my cute little deck/patio garden.  I think the pepper plants will be much happier in there new pots.  So much more room for them to grow in.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment