May 22, 2012

Nate's first Half Marathon

Sunday, May 20th was the big day of Nate's year long weight loss anniversary.  He's almost at his goal of 100 pounds loss.  It was also the day for his half marathon.  He was so excited and a little nervous.  Saturday night, after we'd gone to bed I texted our friends Kristen and Sharon and told them we went to bed.  They came over and got to work.  They decorated our porch, trees, bushes etc with white streamers and some signs.

When Nate got up he said to me "I think we were tp'd last night".  I smiled and said "nope" and he said "have you looked outside".  I said "I know, but it's not TP".  He laughed and said "what do you know".
We got ready and came down to check it out.  Nate was excited to get the newspaper out of the newspaper box so he could read his article that was in the paper.  "Tube sock guy"

Nate had to conquer the streamers before he could get the newspaper......

Look how cute he is?

Busted through....

Here are some signs I made for the fence.  :)

Streamers were even on the cars.

And Sharon and Kristen even wrote with chalk on the driveway.  Awesome!  :)

Nate is ready to go.....

I did my 5k in 59:23.  Not my best time but my goal was to be under 1 hour and I was.  :)

Moving on.....We had text messages and facebook msgs track Nate's time so we knew his timing.  He did very well.

Nate running up to the finish line....


Nate crossing the finish line.....look really close.  You can see his shoes.  :)

Nate finished!  2 hours and 49 minutes!!  Nate's very first half marathon (13.1) miles!  He said "it was a piece of cake".  :)

Here's Nate posing with friends who made signs and cheered him on.  :)

Here's Nate's medal.  He's proudly wearing all week.

Here's my medal for the 5k.  I've got it hanging up with my medal I got last year.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment