May 22, 2012

Lilacs

Our friend Laura came to town over the weekend to run the half marathon with Nate.  :)  Laura's mom, Ann came down from New York to pick her up on Sunday afternoon and then they were headed to Atlantic City to try their luck.  As a thank you for letting them stay with us Ann gave us some lilacs.  They are soooo pretty and they smell so good.  :)


Ann also gave us a lilac bush.  Right now we have it in a painters bucket with some water.  I need to do some research and see where they like to be planted and how to care for it.  Nate thought maybe I could plant it in a big pot and add it to my little patio/deck garden.  I know these things get big.  My grandmother had a huge one at her house at Smith Mountain Lake.  She gave my mom some clippings from one and my mom's plant is pretty big now too.  It's something else I can try my green thumb at.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment