March 8, 2015

Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies

A few weeks ago I saw on facebook a recipe for an easy banana oatmeal cookie.  I don't remember where on fbk is was posted but I did take a picture.

I'm changing the name to "Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies" because that's what they are.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

You will need:

1 cup rolled oats
2 ripe bananas
homemade vanilla extract (optional)
cinnamon (optional)
peanut butter or honey (optional)

Mash bananas and mix with rolled oats until combined.  Mix in some vanilla extract and cinnamon until mixed in.

Scoop cookies onto a pam sprayed cookie sheet.  I got 12 cookies exactly.  I pressed the balls down a little bit because I figured they wouldn't spread while baking.

Bake for 10 to 15 minutes and move to a plate to cool.

Perfection

I tried a warm cookie.  I broke it in half.  I tried plain and I liked it.

I also added a few with some Amish Peanut Butter.  These are really good.  Nate loved them too.  You could add whatever nut butters or even honey if you want to the top of them.

They are the perfect grab n' go breakfast.  You could bake these into bar shapes too if you don't want rounds.  They don't spread while baking so you can shape them however you'd like.  I would recommend doubling the batch if you make bars.  I will try this next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment