July 19, 2011

Stuffed Shells

My friend Kristen made stuffed shells the other day so I thought I'd give them a shot today.

I boiled a box of Jumbo shells for about 8 min.

Once they are cooked I kinda copied Kristen and let them drain separately on paper towels on a cookie sheet.

I made my Spaghetti sauce and let that simmer for a bit while I was boiling the noodles. (2 lbs ground turkey, pepper, W sauce, Italian seasoning and 1 can hunts traditional spaghetti sauce).

For the filling:

3 eggs
Parmesan and Romano cheese
Italian seasoning
minced garlic
onion powder
black pepper
parsley flakes
Mozzarella cheese
Some of my spaghetti sauce (the rest I'm saving for another dish I'm making later this week)

You can also use spinach if you prefer. I have to be careful of my vitamin k intake so I decided not to add greens.

I took a picture of the mix but it didn't look appealing so I will not post it. LOL After it was mixed up and cooled a bit I put in a pastry bag with a large tip and then filled each shell. Shells that broke (and there were a few) I ate. :P Wouldn't want them to go to waste. :)

After each was filled I sprinkled some Mozzarella cheese on top and baked on 350 degrees until the cheese is melted. I'd say 15 to 20 min.

MMMMM......They are really good. They taste like lasagna. :)

2 comments:

  1. looks good! did you find the pastry bag method to be easy? my cheese was a little too thick and some spinach got caught, but a little elbow grease took care of that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the pastry bag method easy. I used a big tip and everything came out pretty easy. Thanks for the idea. They were a hit with Nate and bruder. ;)

    ReplyDelete