July 6, 2011

Fossil Beach


You have to hike down a trail to get to the beach. Not too bad....until you come back up the 'big' hill. LOL

Big Meadow Trail

Fossil Beach to the left

Some of the cliff areas...we saw some eagles and blue herons flying around. Pretty cool.

Nate picked up a dead crab and threw it at me and it landed directly on this stick that was about 10 or 15 feet away from him. It landed perfect. It was hilarious.

Nate looking for shark teeth and whatever cool things he could find.

Linda (Nate's mom) digging in the water looking for shark teeth.

I wrote 'BON' in the clay cliff. :) Do you see it? (look in middle on bottom)

Sand :)

If you look on that log there is a pretty dragonfly.

Here is our loot. Not much.....We were there for an hour. It started drizzling and then down-poured on us. We got soaked. Then there was some thunder and we thought it was best to pack up and get out of there. The rain sucked. :(

We did each find one tooth. Linda found the one on the left, I found the one in the middle and Nate found the tooth piece on the right.

Linda's tooth was awesome! :) She let me keep it! And I added the loot to my collection jar in the bathroom.

My prized collection. My conch shell from the Bahamas, my starfish from OBX and then my jar full of shells, sand dollars, shark teeth, sea glass, coral pieces, sponge, coconut shell etc. On the other side of the sink is my prized coral (rather large) that I bought from Moorefield Gem Mine. :) Anyways, we had a fun time even if out trip ended early from the downpour.

3 comments:

  1. glad you three got to go-sorry about the rain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that crab picture is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ashley- thanks! :) it sucked about the rain but it was still fun.

    @Kristen- isn't it? Perfect landing!

    ReplyDelete