July 26, 2011

Homemade Chinese Orange Chicken

Bonnie's Homemade Chinese Orange Chicken

Baked Chicken breasts cut up into bite size pieces.
Minced Garlic
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Parsley
Black Pepper
Onion Powder
Iron Chef Orange Sauce Glaze with Ginger (or your favorite orange sauce)
Water
Orange Juice
Rice

I baked the chicken breasts. Once they were done I let them rest for about 10 min and then cut them into bite size pieces. I added some EVOO and some minced garlic to the sauce pan and turned the burner on to get the pan heated. Then I added the chicken, parsley, black pepper and some onion powder. Mix and then add your sauce. To tone down the spice a little, I added some water and then some orange juice. I put on the lid and then let simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes on medium heat. I guess if you wanted it to be more authentic you could add some green onions or even some cashews.

Once the chicken was done I cooked the rice (90 seconds packs are the best). I made whole grain brown and wild. It perfectly complimented the orange chicken. Best flavors together! Nate was pleased! Another kitchen dinner masterpiece. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment