July 7, 2011

Homemade General Tso's Chicken

We made Homemade General Tso's tonight for dinner and it was by far the best we've ever had. We will def be making this again. We couldn't believe how good it was. Nate was so happy with it. :)

What you need: (for 2 ppl)

1 package boneless chicken thighs (6 in the package)
1 bottle general tso's sauce (iron chef)
2 packages of rice (we used teriyaki style)
black pepper

I baked the chicken thighs in the oven at 350 degrees. I think I baked them for like 45 min. After they were done I let them rest for 10 min. Then I cut each thigh up into little bite size pieces.

This sauce was delicious. They have others to choose from for other Chinese dishes and we might have to try some of the others one night. :)

Once the chicken was cut up, I added it to the pan and then added the sauce and pepper.

Then I put on the lid and let everything simmer (15-20 min) letting the chicken soak up the delicious flavors. :) I also added 2 spoons full of the cooked chicken water to tone down the spice a little.

I cooked the rice and dinner is done! I love the 90 second rice packs. Quick and easy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment