July 7, 2011

Soft Serve Homemade Ice Cream

For dessert tonight I got inspired by pinterest for this single ingredient ice cream. Looks like the original idea is from here. :) Also it looks like my friend Laura discovered this 'banana whipped trick' back in 2009. AWESOME!

You will need:

4 bananas, peeled, cut up and frozen for an hour (slighly overripe, with spots)
2 tbsps creamy peanut butter (I used wegmans reduced fat)
2 tbsp cocoa powder (dutch process, I used unsweetened Rademaker)
2 tbsp fat free milk

Mix up frozen bananas. I don't have a food processor so I used my blender. The original blog said you could use either. I didn't get the banana gravel or banana whipped look but I guess it's b/c my bananas weren't really frozen. I mixed for what seemed like forever. It still came out creamy. Then I blended in the peanut butter, cocoa powder and milk. Once it was done, I added to a tupperware container for a few hours. I took it out and it scooped right out perfectly. It was soft serve like. It tasted ok, and it's healthy. Until.......


I sprinkled a few peanut butter M&M's on top. :P MMMM

No comments:

Post a Comment