July 6, 2011

Menu Board Project

I saw on pinterest a little while back about making your own menu board. I thought I could so do that. My friend Kristen did it. Read her blog here. I love Kristen's menu board and knew that I wanted to make one too. While at IKEA yesterday I found this picture frame for $1.99.

I figured I could put a cute 8 1/2 by 11 scrapbook paper behind the glass and write on it.

First tho, I took off the stand part. Don't need that.

I still need to get that other piece off.

First I added a piece of paper that I had with luggage. I thought cool you can use this as packing list. :)

Next I found a sheet with Santa and made a Christmas list. How neat? :)

Then finally I found a sheet with a beach sunset and wrote the menu. I still need to get some magnets for the back (that I will glue on) and then I'm going to keep this menu board on the fridge. For the paper I want to find something with a light background with a food theme. I think that would be best for a menu. :) Gotta find the right paper tho but this beachy one will do for now. I also think I want some more frames to make some more cute magnetic boards. Maybe I can make some and sell on etsy? :) So far, I've spend $2 on this project and that was for the frame. Love it! :)

2 comments:

  1. love it! i hadn't thought about changing out the paper for seasons or special occasions! cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dude....yeah you can use it for anything. :)

    ReplyDelete