July 20, 2011

Chicken Tacos

I made chicken tacos a few months back and they were such a huge hit that I've made them several times since then. Kristen asked me to blog b/c I hadn't done so. I figured I would share with you today. :)

I baked the chicken and then cut it up. I used a knife to cut today but sometimes I use my pampered chef salad chopper and it kinda shreds the chicken instead of cubes it, but no matter how your chicken is cut up, it will still taste the same.


Add cut chicken to skillet. Add water, pepper and taco seasoning. I used 2 taco seasoning packets (40% less sodium).


Cover and let chicken simmer in the seasoning. While chicken is soaking up the goodness you can go ahead and warm up your shells. I like hard shells but my Nate likes soft so I always make both. I put them in the oven for a few min.

I also made Spanish Rice (90 second pack) and I also warmed up a can of fat free refried beans on the stove.

I brought out the toppings. Fresh Pico de gallo and Shredded Mexican cheese blend. :)


Then I plated my food and ate. :) MMMM MMMM MMMM....Quick, easy and sooooo good. :)

2 comments:

  1. when i saw this yesterday i thought maybe it was wordless wednesday! now there are words! :) off to read it...

    ReplyDelete