July 5, 2011

BFF Day with Kristen

On Vacation all this week. It's really a stay-cation. Today, Kristen and I went to DC! ROAD TRIP! :) Nate backed out after he heard about the girly shopping excursion. :(

First stop: IKEA in Dale City, Virginia.

I spent $12.88. Got a red picture frame for a DIY project, a new blanket for Kitty Lizzy, and a 6 pack of nice simple looking drinking glasses that I've been wishing for.

Oh and then b/c they are always baking cinnamon rolls while you're at the check out I gave into temptation and spent a buck on a cinnamon roll. Kristen was well behaved and did not get one. But it was hot and gooey and just yum. I couldn't resist! (That's what she said-TWSS) :)

Next up: Container Store, Washington, DC.

We got a nice parking space right near the front entrance. It was .25 cents for 8 min. so we put enough quarters in to give us an hour to shop. Luckily, we made lists the other night so we could get in and get out. (TWSS....haha)

Some of My Loot:
I got some more flour and sugar containers for some more baking organizing in my pantry. (for another blog) We got a 20 pack of containers which we split in half giving us 10 each. I was going to buy 6 but Kristen found the 20 pack which was a better deal at $1.49 each. :D

My glasses. :)
Picture frame for a DIY project. I also got a small cylinder shaped tube thing for shark teeth for my Fossil Beach adventure with Nate and his mom tomorrow. The other day, my friend, Sharon mentioned she needed a pill box so I found a cute circular one with a screw on top for her. :)

After that we drove around DC with all the lovely DC drivers. (blech) We did a quick drive down memory lane (for me) on the American University Campus.

Main drive into the campus when I went there.

First hall I stayed in. :) Hughes Hall. :) We drove all the way through. Love that campus!! Didn't take many pics and these were kinda blah. LOL

After that we were pretty hungry. We decided to eat at a place we'd never been before in Georgetown. We walked into Dean & DeLuca. If you ever watched Felicity (one of the best shows ever) you might remember Felicity working here. Of course, when she worked there they only had pastries and coffees. LOL It's freaking awesome but def for hipsters and SNOBBY ppl. (at least in Georgetown...or maybe ppl there today just had a bunch of freaking attitudes).

There was an awesome tote bag but it was $30!!!!!! UGH I didn't even look at the shirt prices.


So cool. :)

We were disappointed that you couldn't eat inside D&L. No tables...all the tables were outside but it was way too hot to sit and eat outside.
So.................We walked down to:


While we were looking over the menu, I saw a lady sitting near our table with a delicious looking pizza. Kristen dared me to ask her what pizza she was eating so I did. It was the Quattro Formaggi Pizza. It's Pecorino, Fontina, Gorgonzola, Mozzarella, Parsley and Garlic. Kristen got the Margherita pizza that had tomato, basil and Mozzarella. MMMMM sooooo goood!!! :)

Then.....well we walked over to Georgetown Cupcake and stood in line for like 20 min.


Health Code Violation: Drink at the front line and a straw in his mouth. LOL

The boy on the far right is boxing up my cupcakes. :)

My 6 pack. I got Maple, Salted Caramel, Red Velvet, Milk Chocolate Birthday, Chocolate & Vanilla and Chocolate Birthday. :)

Cupcakes ready to be boxed! :)

After we got the cupcakes we walked 2 doors down to CB2. I guess it's sorta like Crate & Barrel but maybe pricier? I saw some cute things and then some things I would never ever buy. haha

These serving trays were cute. The larger ones were $15 and there were smaller ones for $3 each. I liked them but not enough to buy them.

The City pitcher was very cute for $5 but was kinda heavy.

Cute glasses
Kitchen stuff
A chair that doesn't look comfy to sit in at all.

Cute bedspread. I like the colors. It's like the color boxes on e-mails or paint program on your computer. Whew....what a great day with the BFF! :)

When we got home my brother mentioned one of our boards fell down in our backyard. So, I went out with Nate and held the nails while he fixed it and also fixed up some of the other loose boards. :)

All fixed! YEY! :)

2 comments:

  1. I deleted that SPAMMER! :) What does my blog have to do with remodeling the kitchen? LOL

    ReplyDelete