September 22, 2010

Chicken & Mashed Potatoes

I got this idea from another dish I made back in the winter. Read about it here. Instead of using beef tips I used the leftover chicken from the whole chicken I made last night.

Potatoes (washed, peeled, cut, cooked and mashed)
Cream of Chicken soup
Chicken (cooked and cut up)

As the potatoes were cooking, I put a can of cream of chicken in another pot and let that heat up. I picked off the chicken left on the whole chicken I made last night. (You could use regular chicken breasts if you'd like. Just cut it up into pieces). I heated the leftover chicken up in the microwave. Once the potatoes are done, you can mash them. I mashed them and added some fat free milk, butter, salt and pepper. A great dinner in 30 min. :)

I added the finished mashed potatoes to the middle of my plate, then some chicken and then poured some cream of chicken soup on top. MMMM.....It's def a good comfort food. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment