September 21, 2010

Ticking

I have this blue and white striped ticking material that Grandma Miller gave me many years ago. She said some of Nate's Amish relatives used the ticking. Instead of a mattress on their bed, they sometimes sewed ticking material and stuffed it with straw and used that for a mattress. When it was time for fresh bedding, they would simply take out the straw, wash the ticking and then restuff with new straw. I love the ticking material especially since it dates back to the old days. :) I want to get some more ticking material which you can find in sewing stores. And I want my friend Kristen (pretty please Kristen) to make me some curtains for the basement. I plan on getting a magnetic blind for the basement door and then for the 2 windows just hanging the ticking curtains. Eventually, I plan to put Nate's old childhood twin bed in the basement and I think it would look cute with the ticking on the bed and then as curtains too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment