September 8, 2010

African Violets

A few weeks back I had my IVC filter removed and as I left the hospital I was given a goodie bag with a little African Violet plant. I don't know why but it made me so happy. I don't know if every patient receives one or if it was b/c I knew the girl who worked there. I knew exactly the perfect place for it. I know that African Violets love half sunshine and half shade so I figured one of my back windows would be great for it. I have it placed in a candy dish that belonged to my Grandma Runyon. I've been taking care of my little plant everyday and I'm glad to say that it's doing wonderful good. Look at all the blooms!! :)

3 comments:

  1. so sweet. :) grandma loved african violets too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of grandma when I saw those flowers and the candy dish. Thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww...I'm glad this made you smile. I guess that's why the African violets always make me smile whenever I see them b/c they remind me of Grandma. When Uncle Kenny gave me the candy dish, I didn't really know what to use it for since candy never lasts that long in my house, but I think it's perfect for the little African Violet since Grandma did love them. :)

    ReplyDelete