September 12, 2010

Chicken & Beef Salad

I got some beef the other day at Wegmans and figured Nate could grill it. I went to bloom earlier today for a few things and ended up spending $100. I really don't know how I spent $100 but the best deal I did find was a perdue chicken breast marinated in a bbq sauce. It was only $1.56. So, I picked it up and figured I would have Nate grill the chicken too and I could cut up both and put into a salad. Nate liked that idea and that's what we did. :)

For the salad, I just got a pre-mixed blend. I added some shredded cheese, pepper, and croutons.

Also at Wegmans the other day I picked up some tiny potatoes. You can't really tell in this picture but they are like the size of a quarter. Very, very tiny. I boiled them on the stove for a little bit. Once, they were done I put them on a cookie sheet and added some butter, salt, pepper, olive oil and Italian seasoning. Then baked for about 15 min. until they were nice and roasted.

They were delicious! I told Nate to eat as a side but we both ate them with the salad. It all went very well together.


I also made some whole grain blueberry muffins for dessert. :)


3 comments:

  1. totally inspired me to eat a salad for dinner! and those muffins are making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had a salad for dinner last night too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kristen- I'm glad! :) And those muffins are mouth watering. haha

    @Ashley- Yum!! That's funny that we all ate salad for dinner. Great minds think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete