May 7, 2010

Team Building....

Today, we had a team building morale thing. My boss planned a canoe trip for us to take down the Rappahannock River. I figured why not, something to check off my life list. :)

The blue line is the path we took. We started at the Hole in the Wall and ended at Mott's Run.

Jess is getting another look at the map.

Before our trip, Elizabeth (in the fancy pants...she's a radio sales rep) decided to read a little devotion to us. But when she referred to GOD she kept pointing up to the sky and saying the 'big guy' or 'it upstairs'. Then someone finally said...You can say GOD, I think everyone here believes in him. I guess she wasn't sure and didn't want to offend anyone. It was strange. LOL

Deirdre Blake (who does news) and then Hilary Ucciardi (who works for the paper in marketing). They were partners in their canoe. Poor Hilary tho....a lot of us didn't know her and some people thought she was a fill in or a tour guide. OOPS! She was really nice. :)

Jessica and Ryan (webmaster) going along. Ryan isn't really doing much. He's holding a drink. LOL
I was teamed up with our new Promotions Director, Sharon. She's pretty funny. I have no clue as to what I'm looking at. LOL

People getting out....Sharon and I were the first ones out....we WON!! :)

Sharon being a big helper. I think the best part of the day was when Todd fell in the canoe b/c his partner Fayth got out of the canoe and he didn't realize it and he fell into the river. ahahahaha....too bad no one got a picture of that. :)

Silly group photo at the end! :) What a nice fun day!!

2 comments:

  1. looks like good times! and you didn't flip over and into the water, like katie balgavy and i did in 12th grade on a youth trip! sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun! I'm glad we didn't flip over. haha

    ReplyDelete