May 10, 2010

Successful Monday

Today's weather.....Sunshine, some breeze and in the 60's. Perfect weather!! I got up early this morning (9am, which is early for me since I like sleeping in till noon). Nate's mom, Linda was coming over and putting up some shelves in the bathrooms. I decided to go outside and do some weeding. I weeded around the tree in my front yard and then I tackled around the other tree in the flower bed at the end of the driveway. Linda showed up and then she helped me with the rest of the weeds. Linda said she loved pulling weeds b/c it was a stress reliever for her. I find pulling weeds to be stressful b/c there is just so much. I feel like they grow right before my eyes.

My little gnome, smiling b/c all those nasty weeds are gone around him. :)

My little Magnolia tree is still doing good. It has a lot of nice new leaves. Linda was excited to see it doing so well. YEY!! :) I told Linda, that I was thinking about getting rid of the big bushes in front of the house. I told her that I hated them. She said that since they are so big that the roots are probably under the house by now and it will be a real pain digging them out. She told me she has a real nice saw and she would come over later this week and trim them all down nice and even and get it cleaned up. YEY!! Then once all that's done I'll get some new mulch and lay it down in the beds. :) Then at least the front yard will be looking nice for the summer. My daisies are coming up too. I hate have to clean them up in the fall but they really do look beautiful. :)

Linda brought over 2 wooden bird houses and we hung those up. We put one in the front tree and the other we put in the backyard on the fence. I love them. They remind me of my dad b/c he loves hanging up wooden bird houses. Can't wait to see if some birds make a nest in them.

We put one shelf in the guest bathroom above the toilet. I think it looks great.

We put the other one in the master bathroom above the toilet as well. I've already put my hair dryer on the one little shelf and I put my make-up in one of the little drawers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment