May 24, 2010

Roasted Red Potatoes

I bought some red potatoes the other day at the store. I'd been wanting to make roasted potatoes but I'd never made them before. I asked Kristen the other day for her recipe.

She told me:

Cut them in half or quarters, depending on how big they are and boil them – I usually put rosemary in the pot with the water just for flavor. Then drain them and put them in a 9x13 pan or casserole dish. I drizzle olive oil, butter and more rosemary on top, stir them a bit gently, and then bake until they’re roasted and sizzling.

I did it a little differently. I washed 5 large red potatoes. Cut them in little pieces and put them on a cookie sheet. I drizzled extra virgin olive oil over the potatoes and added some pepper and parsley. I let them bake for a bit on 350 degrees. When I checked on them to stir them they were sizzling. YEY! I cooked up 5 slices of bacon, cut it up and then sprinkled the bacon over the potatoes. I also sprinkled some parm cheese on top. They were good!! I'll def be making them again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment