May 1, 2010

American Red Cross Luncheon


Because of my blood clotting disorder (Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome) I can never donate blood. Being a Radio DJ, I can still put forth my efforts and time by getting people to donate. For 2009 I did all of the American Red Cross Radio Remotes (live broadcasts) for my station. I also voiced some of their commercials that we aired on all 3 of our stations. I was invited to a luncheon on Friday to pick up the Media award for our involvement. Jessica (Morning DJ) and I went to represent our stations and we had a wonderful time.

It was at Fredericksburg Square. Which is the place I was married! It was really cool to see again. It's been almost 10 years since I've been back there and it's still just as beautiful. :)

We were allowed to sit where ever we wanted. I sat down at table 2...not realizing I'd be sitting with rival radio peeps. But it was cool...I jokingly said to them "Even tho we're rivals we can be friends today right", and they said "of course". A few speeches were done from Tammy Berfield and Rebecca Crosen. Awards were given out after lunch. Once the awards were given out they did a raffle where if your number was chosen you won flowers. Guess who won? Yep, I won some really cute purple flowers. :)

Picture of the award! :)

1 comment:

  1. So happy to run across your blog! First, all of the desserts look so yummy - I just started a cupcake blog myself, so we'll see how that goes for me! :o) Thank you for all of your efforts for the Red Cross, neither of us can donate, but through continued action, we can help connect donors to the lives that they save! Congrats on the award and I will keep an ear out for what the station is up to, would love to help! Rebecca

    ReplyDelete