May 22, 2010

Angel Food Cake

For dessert tonight I made an Angel Food Cake. Talk about a MESS!!!! I followed the directions according to the box. I baked the cake in an bundt cake pan. After a few minutes in the oven I smelled something burning. The cake kinda exploded in the oven and was seeping all over the place. UGH!!! I put a cookie sheet under it to prevent more spills. When I took it out of the oven it was a complete mess all over the edges. The box said to use a knife to go around the edges breaking the cake away from the pan and placing it onto a glass dish to cool. I had to cut away the excess mess around the edges. I was FINALLY able to get the cake out of the pan.

I cut up and washed some fresh strawberries, and melted some chocolate chips. I cut a chunk of cake and then layered with Redi-whip, strawberries and chocolate. It was very good, but I don't think the mess is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment