May 22, 2010

Come here birdie....

I went over and visited my dad for a few hours yesterday. I took my camera along so I could capture some pictures of his blue birds. They are so pretty!! We checked the box and so far there are no eggs. But the nest looks to be almost complete so we're thinking any day now there will be eggs. :)



After taking several photos we chatted a bit in the house. My dad is such a great story teller. He took a trip down memory lane about his old 'mechanic days'. He told me a ton of stories about when he would help repo cars for friends or taking cars back from people that promised to pay him but did not. One story he told me about a car that he repo'd was as if he was in a dukes of hazzard episode. He said he got in the car, started it up but couldn't get it to go anywhere. The guys who had the car heard my dad start it up and ran out probably thinking my dad was stealing their car. My dad said to me that he couldn't get the car to go forward or back and there was a light pole that way laying right next to the car. My dad said he put the car in high gear and finally got it to go and high tailed it out of there, with the guys grabbing onto the car and getting mud all over them from my dad driving thru the yard. haha He said the guys got in another car and followed him as he went down back roads in Manassas, VA. To this day he can't even remember where those roads are but he lost those guys and got the car. It's nice to have these little chats with him and I believe he likes telling his little stories. I love my dad! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment