March 26, 2012

New Things Monday

Ever since my birthday gathering last August, I'd been wanting passion fruit. We had a fruit mix at the birthday gathering and an employee on the boat told us the fruit we all loved was passion fruit. I knew that I wanted to get a real whole passion fruit to try. I wasn't going to give up. I have to admit, I ended up with a passion fruit obsession. I looked at every grocery store I went to. I even asked an employee one day in produce at Wegmans. The lady showed me where passion fruits are stocked when they have them available. Every time, I went to Wegmans I would look to see if there was any passion fruit. My obsession got bad. LOL But finally........Do you recall this, this or this? :) I ended up hating the real passion fruit itself. The seeds are a turn off for me. The juice is okay when mixed with other fruits. One day, at Target I found a can of Delmonte's Tropical Fruit salad. I knew this was the fruit mix we had on the boat. It had to be and it was. :) YEY!! Turns out my obsession should have been with papaya. LOL It's so yummy! One night, Nate each had a bowl of this tropical fruit salad for dessert. It was so good. :) Now I need to get a real papaya. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment