March 15, 2012

Homemade Peppered Chicken

For dinner tonight, I made Homemade Peppered Chicken. Got the idea from something else I've done before, Homemade Peppered Steak. I had chicken that I needed to use up so I figured I'd make this yummy dish. :)


You need:
2 chicken breasts (cooked and cut up)
Medium to large white onion (sliced into long pieces)
Red Bell Pepper (sliced into long pieces)
Green Pepper (sliced into long pieces)
minced garlic
Black pepper
Red Pepper Flakes
Rice Wine Vinegar
Olive Oil
Soy sauce (reduced sodium)
corn starch
water
Rice (I used whole grain brown, 90 second pack)

First cook your chicken. I cooked my chicken last night and cut it up so all I did today was heat it up in the microwave.

Next take your sliced onion, red and green peppers and add them to a bowl. Add in 3 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tbsp water, and 2 tsp of corn starch. Mix everything well. I also sprinkled in some black pepper. :)

Once the chicken is heated go ahead and add 4 tsp soy sauce, tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1 tsp corn starch, 1/2 tsp black pepper, and some red pepper flakes. Mix well.

Then add some olive oil and minced garlic to your pan/wok. Once heated, add your onion/pepper mix. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.

Then add your chicken mix. And let simmer for a few minutes. I also add 1 to 2 tbsp water to keep everything from sticking to bottom. The corn starch makes the sauces thicken up and you don't want to it stick to the pan.

I then cooked up a 90 second pack of whole grain brown rice. Add your peppered chicken on top of rice and serve. :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment