March 21, 2012

Lunch with my BFF

Yesterday, I drove down to Richmond to meet Kristen for lunch. We met at the West End in Short Pump at Mimi's Cafe. We both ordered a water and the Roasted Turkey Club for lunch.


After lunch we went to Whole Foods Market, which is right near Mimi's Cafe. I'd never been and I wanted to check this place off my list. I love the Reality show Top Chef on Bravo. The chefs always shop there and I've always wanted to go.
We walked around.......There was a little section of bulk items you could package yourself.
They were all labeled so cute. :)
There was also labels for your containers.

I loved how the bananas are hung up. I don't think I've ever seen a store that hangs the bananas. Most places just place them on some sort of shelving.

A really good thing that we found was honey. Local honey or balsamic vinegar. You pay for the pound and there are containers for you to put them in.
Cute little honey bear jars for the honey. :)
And little jugs for other liquids. So awesome!
Kristen pointed out this bits n' pieces cheese remnants bin. She got a bunch of cheeses from here a few months back and made homemade mac n cheese with a bunch of different cheeses. What a great idea! :)

I saw these little crackers. They look like little pieces of toast. They are soooo cute. LOL
Look at all that cheese! :)

Olive bar....I'm not an olive eater but I thought this was a cool picture. :)

Whole Foods Bakery is adorable!! I've heard that they have baked goods to die for. We had to take a look. This is a huge cookie buffet. There are bags and you package the ones you want.
Yummy looking cookies! :)
Cupcakes, cakes and pies galore. So fancy and cute! :) We were good and didn't get anything. Very tempting but we were just looking.
Pretty tulips. :) Walking around the store reminded me a lot like Wegmans. It's much smaller than I pictured and lots of organic items. I'm glad I went. And we didn't buy a thing. I wanted a tote bag or something but didn't find the one I had pictured in my head.

After Whole Foods we made a quick run into Target where Kristen got a pair of hot pink flip flops for $2.50. The dress shoes she was wearing dug into the back of her heel. OUCH!!!! She had to get a different pair of shoes that didn't touch her wound. After that we made a stop at Ray's Italian Water Ice. Kristen treated me with her Gift Card she won from there last year by answering a trivia question. :) I got a peanut butter water ice and Kristen got a peanut butter and chocolate milk shake. Then we left...Kristen went back to work and I came home. Fun day!!

4 comments:

  1. Definitely wins the prize for the most action-packed lunch break ever! haha - good times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next trip we'll tackle Trader Joe's. I went there today after work and got cookie butter. Yep. And peanut butter oat bars. And a single serving of chicken noodle soup, but in a container that chicken stock comes in? So quaint...

    I think I like it way better than Whole Foods. The lady in front of me spent $196! Woah! The store's as big as the electronic section at Target - what the hell did she buy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yey....Can't wait. :D Gotta cover it all.

    That's a lot of money.....I wonder what she got.

    ReplyDelete