November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner 2011

Nate and I had our own little Thanksgiving dinner last night. I had to work so I didn't feel like going anywhere so I made a small dinner for us.

12 pound turkey
Rolls
Cranberry sauce (can)
mashed potatoes
Gravy
Stove top stuffing

I spent $11.00 on our dinner! The turkey was $4.00. The Rolls was $1.19, Cranberry sauce was 89 cents, 5lb bag of potatoes was $1.99 (only used half of the bag), the stove top was $1.19 and the gravy was 89 cents (got 2 jars).

I also made a pumpkin roll.....

Yum! :)

For my pumpkin roll:

1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Filling:
1 cup confectioners sugar
8 oz cream cheese (soft)
2 tbs unsalted butter (soft)
3/4 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix your pumpkin mix ingredients. Pour into a greased baking pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for a few min and then flip onto parchment paper. Mix your filling until smooth and spread onto cool pumpkin. Roll slowly and then sprinkle confectioners sugar on top. Wrap tightly and put in freezer. Can keep in freezer for about a week but you won't have it that long. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment