November 8, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies


How good do those cookies look? Trust me.....these are GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will not be disappointed if you make them. :) Well.......Guess what? This is another Pinterest inspiration from this blog that's originally from here. :) Sorry......always gotta site my sources you know. I don't want to be stealing someone else's recipes or ideas! :)

You will need the following:


1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa (I used dutch cocoa)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar (plus more for rolling)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
1 cup Peanut Butter (divided)
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
3/4 cup powdered sugar
little bit of milk

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray pam on your cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, beat together your sugars with your butter and peanut butter (1/4 cup) until light and fluffy. Beat in your egg and vanilla until combined. Beat in the flour mixture a little at a time until all mixed in. (You can also use your kitchen aid mixer with the paddle attachment. I used my hand mixer). Once mixed just set aside.

In another medium bowl, beat your peanut butter (3/4 cup), powdered sugar and a little (FAT FREE) milk until smooth.

Next pull off a heaping tbsp of cookie dough and flatten with your hands. Take about a tsp of peanut butter and place in the center of the flattened dough. Wrap the chocolate cookie around the pb center. Roll into a ball, roll in sugar and then place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Take a glass and press down the cookie to flatten.

Bake in your preheated oven for 7 to 9 min. Let cool on baking sheet for 2 min. then transfer to a wire rack.

I made mine so big I only got a dozen! LOL But you can make them as big or small as you want.



Look at the ooey gooey pb goodness! :)

Enjoy with a glass of milk! :) Store leftovers (if you have any) in a tupperware container with a slice of bread to keep soft.

UPDATE:  I've made these a couple of times.  They are really good.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great you cite sources! I also think you should mail me a batch of these cookies ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha....thanks Julia!! :) They are really yummy. I know how much you love PB! You will totally love them. :)

    ReplyDelete