November 6, 2011

Homemade Chicken and Rice Soup

The other day my dad took me to lunch. Our lunch plates included a little bowl of Chicken and Rice Soup. It was really delicious. I'm not sure if it's made there at the restaurant or if it's from a can but my dad and I really liked it. As I was eating it, I thought to myself that I could easily make it. So, I made it for dinner tonight. :)

Chicken Breasts (cooked and cut up)
Chicken Stock (Fat free, low sodium and no MSG)
Black Pepper
minced garlic
extra virgin olive oil
Carrots (cut up small)
Parsley
Green Onions (from my water bottle)
onion powder
salt to taste
white rice (90 second packs)

Cook your chicken. Once it's done let it cool. Cut up and set aside. Cut up your carrots and cook your rice. To your pot heat up some extra virgin olive oil and some minced garlic. Mix the chicken, carrots and rice together and then add to your heated pot. Add your chicken stock or water. Then add some green onions, onion powder, pepper, and parsley. Let simmer on medium/low. Once carrots are tender then it's done. Add salt to taste. I served my soup with some pillsbury biscuits. :)

2 comments: