November 4, 2011

Homemade Mongolian Beef with Rice

Doesn't the title just make you drool?

How about the picture?

Another pinterest idea from this blog. After trying just a spoon full, well I've just got to say......Who needs PF Changs when you can make this at home. :)



I didn't do mine exactly like the blogger. I did it a way that works for me. It's cooking, not baking. You're allowed to leave something out or replace something if you want. :)

To make:

1 1/2 of flat iron steaks (I could not find flank steaks)
extra virgin olive oil
minced garlic
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
ground black pepper
chopped green onions (which I sprinkled in from my water bottle)

I baked my flat iron steaks in some W sauce, water and black pepper on 350 degrees in a deep glass dish covered with foil. Once they were done (about an hour) I let them rest a bit. While they were resting I made the sauce in a bowl. Then heat up your skillet or wok with some olive oil, and minced garlic. Then add your sauce mix and flour. Let it thicken up a bit on medium heat. While the sauce is cooking, add a few chopped green onions and cut up your meat. You can leave the meat in strips but I would rather have bite size pieces b/c then you don't have to cut while you're eating. :) Add the chopped meat in your sauce and stir up real good to coat each side. Turn down the heat to medium/low and just let everything simmer. While the meat was simmering in the sauce I made the 90 second white rice. Serve hot and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment