November 28, 2011

New Things Monday

The last 2 weekends, I've had something I'd never ever tried. Sweet Potatoes and Sweet Potato Casserole!!! :) I definitely like the casserole better....probably b/c of the brown sugar and pecans. :) MMMMM!! Growing up my mother always made sweet potatoes for the family Thanksgiving dinners but I never once tried them. I just never found them appealing. I was also a picky eater when I was younger but I've really grown and love trying new things as an adult. :)

I saw a cute article in the local paper the other day. It's about a farmer who grew a 8lb sweet potato. You can read about it here. :)

2 comments:

  1. I still don't like sweet potatoes but I love sweet potato fries! I'm glad you are trying new things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks....I love trying new things. :)

    Ohhhh.....sweet potato fries!!! I did try those once at a brunch in Richmond earlier this year. They were good!

    I noticed with the plain sweet potatoes I put cranberry sauce on top of them. I couldn't eat them plain. LOL And then the casserole I loved b/c of the pecans and brown sugar. You can't go wrong with brown sugar. hahahaha :)

    ReplyDelete