November 14, 2010

Millers Farms Pumpkin Class


Yesterday morning, I went to Miller Farms and took a Pumpkin Class. Crystal, Sharon, Melissa, Deborah and Jennifer (Melissa's mother-in-law and sister-in-law) all came. Kristen had school stuff so she couldn't make it. I feel bad that Kristen missed out, but we can do it together next year and there are tons of other classes coming up that we can do too. :)

When we first got to the farm we found out that the class was going to be at the farm house. We got there a bit early so we walked around the market and took some pictures.

Cute pumpkins! :)


When it was time, we made our way to the farm house. We all had a place to sit and had a little place setting. The tea towels under the plates were ours to keep. Mine was so perfect for me. GINGERBREAD MEN! On my plate is pumpkin roll, 2 different dips and some cookies and crackers. We also had a cheese ball and goat cheese to try. We got soooo many recipes and learned the technique on how to cook and use a real pumpkin. The class was very fun and the two ladies who taught us were very nice and funny. :)

The cheese ball shaped into a pumpkin, which we learned how to do as well. I think I'm going to make this for thanksgiving. :)

At the end of the class we all went to the green house and were able to choose a pumpkin to take home. I chose a fairy tale pumpkin. I think most of us did because the pumpkin bread that we all liked was made with that type of pumpkin. :) There are also all kinds of other pumpkins. Long Island cheese pumpkin (which is Martha Stewart's favorite pumpkin, that's the pale green/greyish looking one). I didn't realize how many pumpkins there are. I have a list with all the different types of pumpkins and which ones are better for whatever you're making it. It's so cool! :) I can't wait to go back and learn some more. :)

2 comments:

  1. i wanted to go so bad! thanks for making copies of the recipes and tips you guys got! can't wait to roast my own pumpkin and make pumpkin bread - truly homemade! not out of a box like i usually do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you did. I'm sorry you had to miss out but I will so do the class again with you next year if you want. :) You're welcome for the copies and tips. I'll bring the copies for you on Sunday. :)

    And there's nothing wrong with out of the box....but it's good to know how to make things fresh so we can teach Clarrie and Leah!! :)

    ReplyDelete