November 15, 2010

Good Salad

I didn't know what to make for dinner tonight. But I thought a nice big salad would be good and healthy. :) Nate called me and asked what was for dinner and I told him "A salad" and there was a pause. I laughed and said "I know you're just jumping up and down with excitement" and he said "I don't really feel like salad" and I said "well it's a steak salad" and he said "Oh well then say it's a good salad". ahahahaha :) Silly Nate! :)

I got a head of lettuce and cut it up. I normally buy precut bagged lettuce but it's really so much cheaper and takes 5 min to cut it up yourself. :)

Lettuce in the bowl all cut up. :)

I got broccoli, cucumbers, red pepper, green pepper, tomatoes, carrots, and celery to put in my salad. I rinsed off all the veggies. (some of the veggies were leftover from the party Saturday night so I figured I'd use them so they didn't go to waste)

Veggies all clean! :)

I cooked up some steak strips to put on the salad. Here they are cooked and cooling on a paper towel. Once the steak is cool, I will add it into the salad. :)

The salad! I added croutons, bacon bits, cheese and pepper. :) MMMMMMM :) I have zesty Italian and Ranch for dressing choices. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment