November 25, 2010

Homemade Pumpkin Bars

You will need:

4 eggs
1 2/3 cup sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups mashed pumpkin puree
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt

Mix your eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spread out evenly on a greased pan. I used my square pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 20 to 25 min. (you'll know when it's done when a cake tester/toothpick comes out clean)

Let it cool and then you can frost with cream cheese frosting.

To make the cream cheese frosting:

8 oz cream cheese (softened)
2 tbs butter (softened)
3/4 tsp vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar

MMMM! It was very moist and cake like. Nate liked it a lot. And I was proud that I made it all from scratch using my real pumpkin. :)

1 comment: