November 29, 2010

decorating for the holidays


Nate and I started decorating over the weekend for Christmas. We got our tree up and went to put the lights on it and noticed that some of the strand was out. I figured I would just get some new lights. So, I got some cute LED Christmas lights from Target.

Aren't they cute?? They kinda remind me of old Christmas. :)

The lights are all on the tree. I still have to put on my ornaments. Look under that tree.....it's a present. :)

Oh no, not a present....just kitty face. :) Love him! :) *squishes him*

I hate my record with tree skirts. I feel every year I go out and buy one just to throw it away b/c it's ruined. (covered in cat hair that won't come off) And of course you can't wash those velvet tree skirts, so Kristen gave me a wonderful good idea. Yep, a DYI Christmas skirt!!!!! You just need 2 yards (on sale for $3 a yard at Joann's) of Christmas fabric and you just wrap it around the tree as messy as you like. No sewing involved. You just tuck it all in. Perfect!! And the best thing is you can wash regular fabric to get out kitty fur. :)


4 comments:

  1. Boy he didn't waste any time did he!?! What a cute kitteh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No he didn't. He loves it! I haven't seen Lizzy try to go under the tree. Guess she's not liking it as much. She has kitty stairs now to help her get on the couch. LOL I think she's using them. Nate has been teaching her. :)

    ReplyDelete