October 11, 2010

New Things Monday

Today, for new things Monday, I thought I would make something from Paula Dean. I've never made anything using one of her recipes. I found an easy recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies that only used 4 ingredients! :)

1 cup of peanut butter (I normally use reduced fat PB but picked up the wrong kind)
1 1/3 cup Sugar (Paula says to use Splenda, but I don't use Splenda)
1 egg
1 tsp Vanilla extract

In a mixing bowl, combine PB, 1 cup of sugar, the egg and vanilla.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a large cookie sheet.

Roll the dough into balls. Paula says walnuts but I made them a little smaller. Place the balls on the greased cookie sheet.

With a fork, dipped in sugar to prevent sticking, press a crisscross design on each cookie. I sprinkled some sugar on top of the cookies. (Paula says to put sugar on after they are baked, but I decided to do it before) Bake for 12 min. or until they seem done to you.

Finished cookies! Serve with milk! :)

3 comments:

  1. omg i love these cookies! no idea there was a 4 ingredient recipe - how cool!

    they look so yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, no butter (paula's fav)! the cookies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Kristen- Thanks!! They were good!

    @ Ashley- I know!! haha Thanks!

    I would def take them out when they are slightly under-done so they stay nice and soft. :)

    ReplyDelete