October 3, 2010

First Annual Memorial Concert

Today, I went to a Chorale concert that Sharon was in. She's a member of the JoySong Chorale. It was at St. George's Episcopal Church downtown. It's a very pretty church. The concert started with a beautiful harp ensemble. The harp songs played were 'Carolan's Welcome', 'Morning had broken', 'My little welsh home', 'Journey', 'Inis Star', 'Be thou my vision', and 'June apple'.

After the harp ensemble the chorale began. Here's Sharon and the rest of the Sorpranos singing. They sang 'Heart of God', 'Adoramus Te', 'Panis Angelicus', Pie Jesu', 'Deep River', 'Keep me safe, O God', 'Amazing Grace', 'My Lord, What a morning', 'God Bless America', 'Battle Hymn of the Republic'.

After the concert was over we came back to my house and I made tacos for dinner for us. Sharon brought Spanish Rice. It was very good and went well with the tacos! :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG I'm sorry I missed that - love those songs! They remind of of choir performances from Maranatha, church, and JMU! :) Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it was totally your thing. But they are making this an annual event so maybe next time? :)

    ReplyDelete