October 17, 2010

Chocolate Chip & Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

After the Apple Harvest Festival we (Kristen and me) decided to make some Whoopie Pies! We knew we wanted pumpkin and we decided to add some chocolate chips. :)

Done mixing! :) (yep used my kitchen aid mixer)

Kristen putting the mix on wax paper. (I need a ice cream scoop to make them more round and equal)

The book Kristen has with all the whoopie recipes. The pictures in the book are cute!! :)

Whoopies cooling! :) So, what if they don't look perfect.

For the icing Kristen cut the tip of a ziploc bag off and put the cake tip in.

She used a glass to put the 'icing bag' in to make it easier to add the icing. You just hold the glass while filling the bag with icing. Makes it so much easier. Great tip Kristen! :)

Once the icing is in your bag you can squeeze it down to the bottom. Then put on your whoopies.

You can put as much or little icing on your whoopies. :) (disregard that I need to repaint my nails) haha

Whoopies all done. They are soooooooooooo good. The chocolate chips with the pumpkin are perfect. :)

Here is the recipe:

Pumpkin:

2 ¼ cups flour

1 tsp baking powder

½ tsp baking soda

1 tbsp cinnamon

1 ½ tsp ground ginger

1 tsp allspice

1 tsp nutmeg

½ tsp salt

1 cup brown sugar

½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature

1 ½ cups pumpkin

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

1 bag chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2 tbsp coop – drop on parchment lined baking sheet

15 minutes – 1 pan at a time

Makes 30

Cream cheese filling:

4 oz cream cheese at room temperature

3 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature

3 ½ cups conf. sugar

1 tsp vanilla

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm in trouble because I didn't bring any home :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you to bring some home. Ah well it's not like Dave will never get another whoppie pie again. I see lots in his future. haha

    ReplyDelete