August 3, 2013

Peanut Butter Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips and Chocolate Chips

I've made so many batches of my Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies lately.  My husband has been raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Team in Training and as an incentive if you donate $25 you get a dozen of my Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I've lost count and how many orders I've baked.  I can make the cookies in my sleep now.  haha

My Mother donated $50 to get 2 dozen cookies.  She asked if one of the dozen could be a peanut butter cookie for my older sister.  I told her I would see if I could find a good recipe.

I came across this classic peanut butter cookie recipe the other day.  I figured I would add peanut butter chips and chocolate chips to make it even more scrumptious.

You will need:

1/3 cup vegetable shortening (I don't use shortening so I used 1/3 cup of unsalted butter stick)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract (I used my Homemade Vanilla Extract)
3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
peanut butter chips
chocolate chips
4 tbsp water (less or more)




Instructions: 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl, beat together butter or shortening, sugars, egg, vanilla and peanut butter.
In a small bowl mix the flour, baking soda and salt until combined.
Slowly mix in the dry to the wet.  You will notice that the dough is dry so add in some water while mixing.  I added 2 tbsp of water.
I then added a bag of peanut butter chips and a few handfuls of chocolate chips.  I then had to add 2 tbsp more of water to get everything combined.

Yummy cookie dough


Scoop dough onto a PAM sprayed cookie sheet.  Bake on 350 degrees for 12 to 18 minutes.

Serve with Milk....I put my milk in a ball jar.  :)

Photo shoot time:




This is my favorite picture I took.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment