August 17, 2013

Spotsylvania Farmers Market: Visit 1 (Gordon Road)

This morning, I met a lady off Craiglist who purchased a bottle of my Homemade Vanilla Extract.  We met at the Farmers Market off Gordon Road.  I had never been to this particular market and I'd been wanting to go so we decided this to be the meeting place.  

This is officially my favorite local market.  So many vendors and it's spaced out nicely that you don't have to worry about being shoved or tripped.  :)  There's a ton of fresh produce, flowers, baked goods, herbs, ice cream, meats and even food trucks.  :)  You've got to see if for yourself.  It's a Farmers Market heaven.  :)

Here's a picture from the front all the way to the end.

Lots of huge eggplants.  I've never made anything with eggplant so I don't know if I would hate it or love it.  I need to be brave and just buy one and try it for myself.

Beautiful sunflower bunches.  These made me smile.  I want to grow some sunflowers next year.

Orange sunflowers

Raspberries and blackberries

Sweet peppers galore.  So many colors!!!

Chocolate mint.  I was tempted to get one but I honestly didn't know what I would make with it.  Maybe next time?  They were $3 a plant which seems like a great price.  There was even other fresh herbs like basil.

Farm fresh Potatoes

Cucumbers and squash

More squash and some zucchini's

Butternut squash

Pumpkins and gourds

Sweet peppers....I love all the different colors.  :)

I had $22 and made $5 at the entrance for selling a bottle of my Homemade Vanilla.  That gave me $27 in cash to shop with.  I first walked around checking out where various farmers were.  I saw C&T produce which I love so I stopped in there for red and green bell peppers and potatoes.  I then walked about all the way to the end scoping everything out and then did some more shopping walking at each vendor to see what they had.


Here's what I got:

4 potatoes
3 red bell peppers
5 green bell peppers
2 purple peppers
3 sea salt chocolate chip cookies
1 cinnamon roll


I got the cookies and the cinnamon roll from Nancy's Custom Desserts.  I remember them last year at the Farmers Market at the hospital so I know the cookies are delicious.  :)  I split the cinnamon roll with Nate when I got home for breakfast.  It was good but the IKEA cinnamon roll is still my favorite.  LOL

Here's the sea salt chocolate chip cookies for dessert tonight.  :)

I had to get purple peppers.  My favorite color is purple and these were too cute to leave behind.  They were .50 cents each.  :)

2 comments:

  1. those orange sunflowers are awesome!!!

    can't wait till gourds and pumpkins are EVERYWHERE...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed. :D

    me too. But BEACH First!! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete