August 1, 2013

2013 Fredericksburg Farmers Market (Mayfield)- Visit 1

Earlier today on Facebook I saw a post by the Fredericksburg Farmers Market that they would be opening a market to be held on Thursdays from 3pm to 6pm through the end of September.
I would be passing by this stand on the way home so it makes it so convenient.

I wanted to make peppered steak for dinner and I needed peppers so I couldn't wait to stop by and see what produce was at the market.

There was only one farmer there but they had a huge selection of farm fresh veggies.  I didn't take any pictures of  the market.  A big storm was on the way and I wanted to get my peppers and head home.

A lady and her kid had just finished paying and I overheard her ask what farm they were from and they said they were from Montross.

I asked how much the peppers were and the young lady told me they were $1.50 per pound.  She handed me a bag and I filled it up with 4 peppers.  She weighed it and then told me to pick out another pepper to make it 2lbs so I added another pepper to the bag.  The young lady then told me $3!  

What a deal.....$3 for five huge farm fresh peppers.



I will def be stopping off again.  The time and location is perfect for me to stop off on my way home from work.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment