August 11, 2013

Fredericksburg Farmers Market: Visit 2

Before some work events I had yesterday,  I stopped off and walked around the farmers market.  This is the second time I've been to this location but it's been a long time since I'd been.

It was busy.  Lots of hustle and bustle among the shoppers and farmers.  It was still fun to walk around and check out everything.  There was homemade soaps, honey, lots of fruits and veggies, baked goods, flowers, canned goodies, eggs, meats, and even crabs and seafood.  So much stuff that you're bound to find something while you're there.

I got a good parking spot and headed right over to check everything out.

Cute sign

One farmer had some gourds and pumpkins!!  :)  The little pumpkins made me think about my jack pumpkins I have growing.  I hope mine grow as cute as these.  :)

Bell peppers

Eggplants

Fresh Rolled Oats

Veggies...

Canned tomatoes and pickles.  There was also a huge variety of jams and jellies.

One baker was offering slices of bread.  He gave me a slice of cinnamon bread.  It was delicious!  I ate every crumb!!  :)

I saw these two purple peppers and I had to take their picture.  :)

Fresh watermelon

Fresh Cantalope

I didn't buy anything.  But the time I got back around to where I started a huge rain storm was approaching so I decided to be on my way so I wouldn't get caught in it.  There's another area Farmers Market in the area that I want to try to tackle next weekend.  We'll see.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment