August 25, 2013

Garden Update: Day 184

This past week was a crazy one.  It's one that I would rather not have to deal with ever again.  
On Wednesday, I was stopped in traffic at a light on my way to work and was rear ended, pushing my car into the vehicle in front of me.  My corolla was sandwiched between a suv and a pickup truck.  :(  I'm okay but sore and I have a sprained neck.  When I saw the car approaching I knew it was going to hit me and I tensed up and grabbed the steering wheel and closed my eyes and braced myself for the impact.  Tensing up is normal instinct when you see you're going to get hit but it makes your muscles hurt afterwards which is what I'm dealing with now.  It sucks.  :(
Now I am waiting to see if my car is going to be totaled or if it's at all fixable.

Now onto some happier things......My Garden.

On Friday, I picked my number 15 squash.  :)

I decided to take some of my harvest into work Friday morning to share with others.  They didn't last.  They were grabbed up within minutes of setting them on a table.  :)

This is my butterfly bush/tree that my mother-in-law planted in the front yard.  It's doing really good.

It's covered with lots of pretty purplish flowers. 

Now onto my container garden.  I cleaned up some stuff and checked over everything.  I got rid of the other big boy tomato plant.  No more tomatoes were going to be harvested so it was time to clean it up.  Some of the ones left on the plant had tomato rot so I put the plant in my compost pile.  I also dumped the zucchini plants into the compost pile.  The plants was all dried up and there wasn't anymore zukes on it.  I figured it was time to get rid of it.  I also got rid of the 4 small potato pots.  They smelled horrid.  It was nasty.  BLECH  So, I dumped them in the compost pile too.

Here's the compost pile.  I have the pots sitting out to dry up a bit.  I need to wash them out before I put them in the shed.

My pie pumpkin plant is doing good.  The jack pumpkins are good too.  All 3 plants have flowers.  I haven't seen pumpkins yet but I have my fingers crossed.

My yellow gerbera daisies.  :)  You can see my grasshopper friend on one of the big squash leaves.  :)

Here's my grape tomatoes that I've harvested over the last few days.  :)


I will probably make my chicken risotto with these tomatoes this week.  I'm going to save the seeds and add them to my seed bank and plant them next year.  
These grew from seeds I saved from a batch of grocery store bought grape tomatoes.  :)

Do you think I have enough water jugs?  :)

My rose plant.  It's weird that they are different from each other.  The rose on the bottom is more like a common rose and the others look more like a carnation.  hmmmmm

My lemon tree is happy.  My lemon is still green.  I hope it turns yellow.  The plant is very healthy and it continues to get new growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment