August 7, 2013

Garden Update: 166

I figured I would do an update on my outside container garden.  

I had to throw out my avocado pit today.  After the pit split the roots that had grown had turned brown and the roots seemed dead.  It smelled funny and it was all slimy and gross.  :(

Remember my big boy tomato that fell off my tomato plant when the plant fell over during a storm?  It was about 10 days ago.  I left the tomato in the kitchen window and it's finally turned red.  :)  It has a few blemishes but who cares.  :)


I now have 5 potato spouts in my big container.


And I have 1 tiny potato sprout in one of the little planters.


Here's my marigolds.....My little grasshopper friend hanging out.  He likes the marigolds and jumps out when I water them.  :)


I checked my tomatoes.  I had 3 finally ripening.  It sure seem to take them forever to turn red.


I picked them and have them sitting in my kitchen window to ripen a little more.


Here's a tomato that's in the middle of ripening.  Continue on little tomato.


Here's my harvest from today.  2 squash (#9 and #10) and 3 tomatoes. (#'s 2, 3, and 4)  :)  I have a bunch of tiny squash on the plant and I have 1 zucchini that will probably be ready by the weekend.  It's amazing how quickly they grow.  :)


While at the kitchen sink this evening I saw a little hummingbird getting a drink on the feeder.  :)

Inside my pumpkins and peppers are doing great.  They keep growing bigger every day.  I'll take some pictures of them soon.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment