August 11, 2013

Homemade Tomato Sauce

I decided to make homemade tomato sauce with all my tomatoes I've harvested.  I came across this blog through pinterest.  The blogger at Making Of A Home had an easy recipe to follow.

I used some of my Olive Oil I got at the Greek Festival a couple months ago.  I had 11 tomatoes total.

First, in a pot cook up olive oil, yellow onion, and minced garlic.  I didn't know how much to use so I just eye balled.

I washed my my 11 garden fresh tomatoes, and my garden fresh petite peppers.

I chopped up the tomatoes and peppers and added them to the pot after the olive oil, onions, and minced garlic had cooked up for a bit.  I added salt, pepper, and Italian Seasoning.  I also added a few tablespoons of unsalted butter as well.

I let it cook up for a few hours with a lid on.  I did not put this sauce in the blender.  Nate liked it chunky so I figured I would leave it.
 I let the sauce cool and then added to a tupperware.  I plan on using this sauce one day for dinner.  
I'll let you know how it turns out.

While it cooked, I left Nate in charge to watch over the sauce.  My parents, my sister Natalie, my two nephews, my brother and his girlfriend took me to birthday dinner at Mimi's Cafe.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment