January 4, 2012

Smashed Baby Red Roasted Potatoes

I love potatoes. Who doesn't? LOL I came across this pin on pinterest that took me to the Pioneer Woman's Blog.

I used baby red potatoes. I washed them and then boiled them in water on the stove until they were fork tender. I then drained them and put them on a foil covered baking sheet with EVOO.


I took a masher that I had and mashed them but they didn't stay in nice like clumps like the PW so I said who cares. They don't have to look perfect. I drizzled on some more olive oil.....you don't have to 'brush' the EVOO on this way. haha I sprinkled salt (I used regular salt b/c I don't have Kosher), added black pepper and I used Parsley flakes. (Love parsley!!) I then put them in the oven at 350 degrees for 22 minutes and I let them bake while my steaks were finishing up.
You will know when they are done. You will hear them sizzling and you can poke them to make sure they are crispy. The potatoes were nice and crispy and all the flavors tasted fantastic.

My husband and I are stuffed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment