January 25, 2012

Homemade Sesame Chicken


We eat A LOT of chicken in this house. I always get a huge pack of chicken at the grocery store that last us 3 to 4 meals. It's cheap and with chicken you can do so many different dishes with it.

I made Sesame Chicken today inspired from this blog I found on Pinterest.

You will need:
2 to 3 chicken breasts (I baked these in my pampered chef baker....done in no time baker is what I prefer to call it...haha) (not pictured)
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp minced garlic
1/4 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ketchup
2 tsp sesame seeds (toasted)
black ground pepper (not pictured)
parsley flakes (not pictured)
Olive oil (not pictured)


First I put some olive oil in my favorite cooking pan. I added the 2 tsp sesame seeds and toasted them up real quick.

Then I added all the other ingredients and mixed real well.

Once the chicken was cooled for a few minutes, I cut it up in bite size pieces and added to the sauce. Let it simmer for a bit. 15 min or so. Cook your rice. I made the quick 90 second white rice.

MMMM :) Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment